SCIDI or Scientific Diving International is an organization dedicated to safe scientific diving. Formed by marine scientists Dan Marelli and Hector Cruz Lopez in 1996, our emphasis is on the training of scientific divers and the administration and operation of scientific and other professional diving programs.
We have broad experience in marine and aquatic biology, biochemical analyses, and the gathering of forensic data from underwater crime scenes. We serve governmental organizations, NGOs, and academic institutions. Our areas of expertise include:
- Scientific Diver Training – Meets AAUS Standards
- Startup of Scientific Diving Programs – Turnkey Product
- Administration of Scientific Diving Programs
- Diving Program Safety Reviews for Scientific, Public Safety, and Commercial Diving Programs
- Diver Safety Training including Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Shallow-Water Surface Supplied Diver and Supervisor Training
- Scientific Surveys
- Underwater Forensic Surveys
- Accident Investigations and Expert Testimony
- Diving Officer Services – Meets AAUS Standards
- Scientific Diver Consultation
- Molluscan taxonomy including Paleoecology and Interpretation of Assemblages
Our clients include federal agencies, state governments, local governmental authorities, universities, and consultants. See a list of some of our clients here. Our scientific diver training has included biologists, geologists, archaeologists, engineers and public safety divers.